Formula help, please!

Options

Hi Smartsheet Wizards,

I need to create a formula for all assets completed in the fiscal year, by region - I have created the formula below and it works perfectly, but now I need to narrow it to count just a subset of asset types (from a multi-select column). I can add a single content type and the formula still works, but I would love to know if I can create a single formula to capture this data. Any thoughts on how to add that? I need to find "Blog", "Case Study" and "Video" within our list of asset types.

Here is the formula that is working (I am referencing another sheet to create a roll-up):

=COUNTIFS({Status}, "Completed", {Geo}, "APJ", {Fiscal Year}, "FY2020")

Thank you!!

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Alyson Harris ,

You'll need to add a HAS function to your COUTIFS.

=COUNTIFS({Status}, "Completed", {Geo}, "APJ", {Fiscal Year}, "FY2020", {insert asset type range}, HAS(@cell, "insert value you want counted")="True"))

For more on HAS look here:

https://help.smartsheet.com/function/has

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Alyson Harris
    Options

Thanks Mark - I already have working formula to pull in a single asset type, but what I am trying to do is count 3 asset types (from a list of 8 or so). I am not sure how to do that. From the range, I want to count only "blog" or "case study" or "video".

Any thoughts?

• Alyson Harris
    Alyson Harris ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there, I figured it out - might not be the most elegant solution, but it worked. I wrote the formula for each asset type, and joined them with a "+" and it worked!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you found a solution. Thanks for contributing to the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!