IF-WORKDAYS Calculation

I have a sheet with a [Request Submitted] column. Our SLA to attend to any received request is 2 business days. So I'd like to add a column that highlights any overdue items. My logic is:

• If TODAY is 2 business days past [Request Submitted]@row, then "OVERDUE"

Can anyone help with the correct syntax?

Thanks.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Guaca Mohle ,

Try:

=IF(AND(today()<=[request submit]@row+2, /insert complete check/, "OVERDUE", "")

/insert complete check/ would be the logic to determine if someone completed the review. I don't know how you do that so you'll have to fill in the logic. Do you have a response date or a checkbox?

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Guaca Mohle
    Guaca Mohle ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, almost there. I see what you're saying. I want to check another column (EDIT). If it is blank, there's nothing more to do. If EDIT has a value in it, then work is outstanding and overdue.

So, I'm trying the following but getting another syntax error:

=IF(AND(TODAY() <= [Request Submitted]@row + 2, [Edit]@row,<>),"", "OVERDUE")

I've also tried:

=IF(AND(TODAY() <= [Request Submitted]@row + 2, ISBLANK([Edit]@row),"", "OVERDUE")

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Guaca Mohle ,

I fixed a missing paren but you'll also want to confirm that the column you're placing the formula in needs to be a text/number format. [Request Submitted]@row needs to be a date column.

Try:

=IF(AND(TODAY() <= [Request Submitted]@row + 2, ISBLANK([Edit]@row))," ", "OVERDUE")

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Guaca Mohle
    Guaca Mohle ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Mark Cronk. Still not working 100%. I'm taking this up with a Pro Desk appointment. Appreciate the help however.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!