Using Month/Year in formula

Options

Am I missing an easy way to pull in a count based off month in a chart? For ex. My chart shows July and I would like my formula to count events based off the July name in the chart (@row), I could only figure this out using a month helper column in my source sheet and having to manually adjust each formula? If I used 07/20 as my "July" name in my chart how do I automatically pull in events from a specific month and/or year?

=SUMIFS({revenue}, {Type}, [Column2]$2, {invoice month}, "7")

Total Fees By Month

FUND REIT INS

July $0 $4,000 $3,000

August $100 $2,000 $3,000

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Autumn Bennett ,

Can you share a screenshot of your chart and source sheets so we can see your column names and formulas? That would really help.

Thank you,

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Rachel Fernandez
    Options

Hi@Mark Cronk , I have a similar question. but really just this:

Did SS ever put in the ability to understand months as names likeI read about in these forums from past posts? I see notes from SS that this would be made available in 2019 so things would function like excel and you could choose MMM or MM when formatting dates, but I have yet to find anything like the abilities in excel to format and parse dates in more human-friendly ways.

I would like to be able to let users view card lanes by Month/Year, in a friendly format, that still allows tasks to be dragged from May 2021 to July 2021 if project plans shift. There seems no clean way to do this other than to use numeric values.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rachel Fernandez ,

You can format date columns with the date format dropdown on the format ribbon. Smartsheets isn't nearly as robust as Excel when it comes to dates and time. I can't speak to any planned enhancements. Maybe one of the Smartsheet staff can chime in.

Be well,

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!