Attempting COUNTIF(AND

Options

Hello! I am trying to create a formula to count inspections created by a specific driver each month. I keep getting "Incorrect Argument". Do I need to separate the columns differently?

=COUNTIF(AND({Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 3}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1, {Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 2}, "John Smith"))

Any guidance would be a huge help! Thank you!

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kim Fearno ,

Try:

=COUNTIFS({Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 2}, "John Smith"), {Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 3}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1)

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Kim Fearno
    Options

Thanks Mark,

Unfortunately It is now giving me an #UNPARSEABLE error.

I got the formulas to work separately:

=COUNTIF({Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 2}, "John Smith")

=COUNTIFS({Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 3}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1)

Just can't seem to get them to work together...

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There was an extra paren. Try:

=COUNTIFS({Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 2}, "John Smith", {Vehicle Inspection Checklist Management Sh Range 3}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1)

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Kim Fearno
    Options

Back to "Incorrect Argument" :(

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again Kim,

You need to check your ranges. Best to recreate them. They should be the entire single column you want examined. Additionally, confirm that column this formula is in and your Range 2 are formatted as text/number and that Range 3 is formatted as date.

Work this time?

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!