Creating Dynamic Ranges of Cells from Various Sheets

Options

I currently have a master sheet that has all my jobs in a single sheet in order to consolidate all the data I'm saving from these projects.

Each project has an estimate that is a stand alone sheet named by the Job name. This job name is stored in the master job sheet. There are some specific cells I want to bring in from each estimate sheet in order to load them into the master job sheet.

Unfortunately I don't want to manually link each sheet, so I am looking for a formula to dynamically call specific cells or range of cells from different sheets with a standard naming scheme that is held on that master job sheet.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Brandon Zinninger

To add on to @Bassam.M Khalil's good suggestion, if you need help building out these cross-sheet formulas, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of each sheet (with the sensitive data blocked out, or a dummy sheet with the same columns instead).

If you could provide this, along with detailing exactly what you want to be brought across, the Community would be happy to help! It may be an INDEX(MATCH formula, or INDEX(COLLECT (see this post) or it could be a JOIN(COLLECT (see this post), depending on the data you're looking to retrieve.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Brandon Zinninger

Hope you are fine, you can do that by using one of the following functions ( VlookupIndex with Match )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Brandon Zinninger

To add on to @Bassam.M Khalil's good suggestion, if you need help building out these cross-sheet formulas, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of each sheet (with the sensitive data blocked out, or a dummy sheet with the same columns instead).

If you could provide this, along with detailing exactly what you want to be brought across, the Community would be happy to help! It may be an INDEX(MATCH formula, or INDEX(COLLECT (see this post) or it could be a JOIN(COLLECT (see this post), depending on the data you're looking to retrieve.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!