Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Source Table for multiple sheets individual drop down columns

Dave Albert
Dave Albert ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Good Afternoon,

I have multiple sheets (50+) that utilize drop downs to look up data specific to an individual record.  The individual record for example would be a location number.  We add locations on a monthly basis and i need an easy way to update the drop down option from a central location, vs having to update each individual sheet.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dave

Comments

• Hi Dave,

There isn't a way to batch change dropdown list columns from one location but I've got your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further consideration.

Currently, you'll need to update this manually for each sheet.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dave,

Richard at Smarter Business Processes, whom I work with, has a solution for this using Azuqua. Azuqua is a bit pricey for my use cases, but it is what it is.

You can contact him at richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com after 2017-03-13.

He's out of the office until then.

Craig

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dave,

This might help you!

Here is a workaround that gives you the possibility to use lists of information and choose from that list inside a sheet (doesn't work with mobile, only desktop)

I'm utilizing cell-linking for this workaround. The main sheet is linked to the dropdown/list sheet.

Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.

Example of dropdown/list

I hope this can be helpful for you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.