Using a Form to update a Row

Options

I'm wondering if there is a solution to my question.

I'm using a sheet to track the difference between two different dates tied to a project, related to my clients.

A user fills out Form 1 initially to enter information (Client's Name, Date 1, and Project ID).

I would like to prompt that user to (at a later date), enter Date 2 via a form, using the Project ID as a way to identify the correct row of information.

There is a column with a formula that calculates the difference between the two dates (Date 2 - Date 1 = Date Diff).

Is there a way to prompt the user after a set amount of time (say 30 days) with a second form that can look up a row based upon Project ID, and prompts the user to enter Date 2?

Even better, is there a way to automate the user prompt date? Say instead of 30 days, the date is determined based upon the average Date Digg of a client.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dennis,

Sounds like you can get what you want with an automated Update Request. Set the automation to trigger daily and request an update from the submitter if the date is x days after another date (date 1 or creation date) and include the date 2 field in the update request. Users will get a link to an update form.

Understand? Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.