Using a Form to update a Row

I'm wondering if there is a solution to my question.

I'm using a sheet to track the difference between two different dates tied to a project, related to my clients.

A user fills out Form 1 initially to enter information (Client's Name, Date 1, and Project ID).

I would like to prompt that user to (at a later date), enter Date 2 via a form, using the Project ID as a way to identify the correct row of information.

There is a column with a formula that calculates the difference between the two dates (Date 2 - Date 1 = Date Diff).

Is there a way to prompt the user after a set amount of time (say 30 days) with a second form that can look up a row based upon Project ID, and prompts the user to enter Date 2?

Even better, is there a way to automate the user prompt date? Say instead of 30 days, the date is determined based upon the average Date Digg of a client.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dennis,

Sounds like you can get what you want with an automated Update Request. Set the automation to trigger daily and request an update from the submitter if the date is x days after another date (date 1 or creation date) and include the date 2 field in the update request. Users will get a link to an update form.

Understand? Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.