Pulling Approved Data from an Approved Row to a Version
I have talked to Smartsheet Support on this one, but I am under a time crunch, so I was hoping one of you Smartsheet wizards can help me solve the following situation:
- I have a Tracker sheet that contains requests that go through an review/approval workflow
- Once approved, there is a 'Latest Approved' column (checkbox) that designates it as the most recent approved version (based on Created Date) of a specific request
- I have a form where requestors enter a new version--just by entering the request number and version number. These versions are deposited on the same Tracker sheet as above
- CHALLENGE: I want to populate the values for ~20 columns from the most recent approved version. This will then allow the requestor to change any values required for the new version and retain those values that are unchanged. Here is the formula that I have right now for the 'Traveler Name' column: =INDEX(COLLECT([Traveler Name]:[Traveler Name], [TAR #]:[TAR #],[TAR #]@row,[Latest Approved TAR]:[Latest Approved TAR], 1),0)
- Currently I am getting a '#CONTACT EXPECTED' error message in the cell, which makes it seem as though I am close
I welcome any ideas on how I might be able to accomplish this--either fixing this formula or via another method. If I can't, I will proceed with my current solution which involves two separate Tracker sheets. This would not only streamline the process, but it would also be more effective.
Thanks in advance!
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!