Forms - Auto population functionality

Options

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I am collecting data via a primary form. My question, is there a way to auto populate a new form (sub form) with the fields / data that was submitted on the primary form?

Thank you!

Alexandra

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Alexandra Waltz

Not now, but I have an idea that I'm going to explore when I have time.

Meanwhile, I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can use Send Update Request and select the columns that you want to include. This sends a further form to a user with columns populated with data from the record that was already submitted.

The Update Request form is not accessible from a design perspective, but does allow you to use a form for further data collection. The Update Request is also available to use within an automation workflow if there is a logical trigger that can be used to push the form to a user.

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you, please do get in touch with us as we could discuss creating you a webform which can pick up smartsheet data and send it to a further form and still have conditional logic available to program...

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!