s there a way to have the Status roll-up here?

Options

Is there a way to have the Status roll-up here? Meaning, can the row show a status based on what is noted in the Child?

As an example, there are 4 rows under this parent. If the average was OnTrack, then the overall goal is OnTrack and so the status would change to OnTrack?

Best Answer

• Ayelet Weiner
    Ayelet Weiner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'd have to determine what the criteria is to determine what would be displayed for the overall health at the parent level, but you can absolutely do this.

Here's an example using RYG:

=IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 1, "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Yellow") > 1, "Yellow", "Green")))

Here's a breakdown of what this formula does:

=IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 1, "Red", - Count how many children have a red symbol, if it's greater than 1, display Red at Parent level.

IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", - Count how many children have a red symbol, if it's greater than 0, display Yellow at the Parent level.

IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Yellow") > 1, "Yellow", "Green" - Count how many children have a yellow symbol, if it's greater than 1, display yellow at the Parent level, if not display Green.

You just need to determine the criteria. i.e. Do you want the overall health check symbol to display red when one of the children has a red symbol?

I hope that gives you a better idea on how you can accomplish the overall Parent Level heath check.

Answers

• Ayelet Weiner
    Ayelet Weiner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'd have to determine what the criteria is to determine what would be displayed for the overall health at the parent level, but you can absolutely do this.

Here's an example using RYG:

=IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 1, "Red", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Yellow") > 1, "Yellow", "Green")))

Here's a breakdown of what this formula does:

=IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 1, "Red", - Count how many children have a red symbol, if it's greater than 1, display Red at Parent level.

IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Yellow", - Count how many children have a red symbol, if it's greater than 0, display Yellow at the Parent level.

IF(COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Yellow") > 1, "Yellow", "Green" - Count how many children have a yellow symbol, if it's greater than 1, display yellow at the Parent level, if not display Green.

You just need to determine the criteria. i.e. Do you want the overall health check symbol to display red when one of the children has a red symbol?

I hope that gives you a better idea on how you can accomplish the overall Parent Level heath check.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!