Automate Risk Flag

Options

Hi All,

I am struggling with trying to find and create a formula to automate the Risk Flag.

I'd like to use simple logic to provide a flag if any of the ancestor rows have one of the following values

The two columns are Status, with dropdowns, and Risk Level with High, Medium, Low Symbols, and I would like to return a red Flag to the third column if:

Status@row is “Delayed”, or “Not Started” AND/OR  Risk Level is Medium or High

Can anyone please recommend the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try:

=IF(OR(Status@row = “Delayed”, status@row= “Not Started”), 1, IF(OR[risk level]@row="Medium", [risk level]@riw="High"), 1,0))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• ABice Norton
    Options

Hi Mark,

Thank you for a quick response. It returned Unparsable. I ensured all is spelled correctly and adjusted for the correct spelling of row, but wondering if I should have brackets around the Status Row and should I have spaces before or after the equal sign?

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was missing a paren and had a typo in row. Try:

=IF(OR(status@row = “Delayed”, status@row= “Not Started”), 1, IF(OR([risk level]@row="Medium", [risk level]@row="High"), 1,0))

If the column name is a single word you should need brackets around it. Usually spaces don't matter but they make it easier for someone to review the formula.

An unparsable error is usually a spelling mistake, missing paren, missing g comma, etc. Details in link below.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• ABice Norton
    Options

hmm, all seems spelled correctly, but It still returns unparseable.

I will keep trying but, may look for an alternative to automate.

Thanks for the help.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!