Can I create a hyperlink by combining text strings and fielded data? Pretty basic parameter work

James Keuning
James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/30/21 in Formulas and Functions

I have fields:

email:

subject:

body:

I want to use this hyperlink to open an email with those parameters:

<a href="mailto:myemail@email.com?subject=This is a subject. You can't use certain characters in here. But we should be able to control that.!&body=Here is the body. Same problem with special characters.">Link to send an email</a>

This can be formed with this formula:

="<a href=" + "\"" + "mailto:" + email@row + "?subject=" + subject@row + "!&body=" + body@row + "\"" + ">Link to send an email</a>"

edit: is it possible that I cannot insert a hyperlink on this forum? I can insert an emoji, a picture, media, and a file attachment. But no hyperlink?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @James Keuning

I developed a client solution recently where they click on an alert to send their client an email from their mobile phone, like a mobile-specific CRM.

It would look something like this.

mailto:{{Email}}?subject=Subject%20line%20information&body=PasteHere

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!