Dashboard not allowing Chrome to access document links only IE.

I use a dashboard as a portal to frequently used documents that are shared in multiple locations across a sharepoint site. Recently Smartsheet has stopped allowing these links to be opened when using Chrome but will allow when the portal is opened in Internet explorer. I cannot figure out why and the majority of the team use Chrome as it works smoother for Smartsheet. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Hi @Michael Scott

If you found this was a recent change and it works on one browser but not the other, the first thing I would do is check to see if there are any new browser extensions that your team installed that could be blocking the links from opening. Please review the second tab on this Troubleshooting page: Smartsheet Is Slow to Load or Save, or Does Not Respond.

If you've checked browser extensions and tried Incognito mode in Chrome but this hasn't resolved the issue, I would actually advise reaching out to Smartsheet Support so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel. It would be best if you could provide them with a screen recording of the links working in Internet explorer but not in Chrome, or at least screen captures. They will also need to know how the links are presented on the Dashboard (which widget you are using, and what type of file you are linking out to).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now