Sheet Summary Formula HELP

Hello I am looking for some help with a couple of formulas in sheet summary. The first would be the best formula to use for a dropdown Yes or No column that I need to count if either is chosen? I have it where it will count if Yes but coundn't figure out how to add the No as well.

=COUNTIF([CONVERT TO PLASTIC PIG]:[CONVERT TO PLASTIC PIG], "YES")

Second formula would be for a column with a checkbox. I need to be able to count if checked and then also if not checked. I have tried to insert "yes" and also "true" in my formula but that doesn't seem to work.

=COUNTIF([ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG]:[ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG], "yes")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Hannah H
    Hannah H ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

In both scenarios you would want your counts to be in different columns. One column to count yes and one to count no for the dropdown and one column for checked and one for unchecked for the check boxes. Otherwise, how would you know if yes or no were being counted?

For your checkbox formula, swap "yes" for 1 to count checked boxes.

=COUNTIF([ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG]:[ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG], 1)

Or to count unchecked boxes, use 0.

=COUNTIF([ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG]:[ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG], 0)

Best,

Hannah

Answers

• Hannah H
    Hannah H ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

In both scenarios you would want your counts to be in different columns. One column to count yes and one to count no for the dropdown and one column for checked and one for unchecked for the check boxes. Otherwise, how would you know if yes or no were being counted?

For your checkbox formula, swap "yes" for 1 to count checked boxes.

=COUNTIF([ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG]:[ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG], 1)

Or to count unchecked boxes, use 0.

=COUNTIF([ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG]:[ACCT READY TO RECEIVE PLASTIC PIG], 0)

Best,

Hannah

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!