Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Default Cell Formatting

I have this weird issue I hope someone can help with. One of our PMs had used a background fill color on some rows. We wanted to pull a report of these rows but did not want the coloring in there. We reformatted the sheet to sheet be a white background fill and pulled the report.

This worked great except for the system column called "Sheet Name". It still have thte old fill color. I can't figure out how to remove it. I went into the sheet and got rid of all coloring. The whole sheet is white except for a few specific columns that are controlled with conditional formatting.

Another thing I notice is that when I add a new column, it has that smae fill color by default. The text is also bolded by default. Somehow the sheet got some default formatting settings in it and I can not figure out how to change them. I just want the "sheet name" column on the report to be the same fill color as everything else. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Joseph,

To be clear, the [Sheet Name] column in your Report is the 

Sheet Name (system column)

not a column just named [Sheet Name]?

You can verify this by tyring to add a column to your Report (from the Report, not the Builder) and scrolling down in the list of columns available.

I can't recall seeing that column formatted besides the hyperlink.

Can you post a screen shot?

I've seen some odd formatting in Reports. Some have to do with the Report pulling from different sheets. The exact pattern has eluded me sometimes.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.