Save Sheet View

Lori Cross
Lori Cross ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/05/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Can I save a sheet to always open in Grid View?

Best Answer

• Staylo95
    Staylo95 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Lori,

When you are in the Sheet Sharing you can change the default view, including grid/card view or filters

I've laid out the steps below.

Does that answer your question?

Answers

• Staylo95
    Staylo95 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Lori,

When you are in the Sheet Sharing you can change the default view, including grid/card view or filters

I've laid out the steps below.

Does that answer your question?

• SmartSheet doesn't let you save custom views for sheets, but there is a sneaky workaround! The URL encodes information about the display and you can bookmark a view. You can add the bookmark to your browser, and you can also post it as a link in SmartSheet dashboards by using the website link function.

Example: My team maintains a project plan sheet--not for detailed project management, but to see our strategy by topic and see what we're focusing on each month. The base spreadsheet is massive, and I usually want to open to a visual filtered down to my own research plan, organized by month and shown in card view.

Here is a redacted version of the URL with the key parts shown. It works perfectly! To extend this functionality to others (if you want to post it as a link in the dashboard, for example) you have to share the filters. Share the filters first before copying the URL; it makes a difference.

https://app.smartsheet.com/sheets/[redacted]?view=card&filterId=3145977616983940&cardLevel=0&cardViewByColumnId=455758818109316