Automation Query

Hi, I'm trying to automate the copying of one cell (Project Name) from my intake master sheet into another sheet based on new lines being added. At the moment I can only see how you automate copying the whole row to a new sheet but this contains sensitive data so is not an option. I just need the copying of one cell from one sheet to another to be automated as new demand comes in. Is this possible via automation or would it need formulae instead? I can cell link once the data is in the new sheet but it's a manual step at the moment to add a new line and type in Project 'ABC'.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anthony Cook

Hope you are fine, unfortunately, this option to copy one cell is not available now and you need to do that by using a formula such as ( Vlookup Or Index with Match ), you can submit Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests to inform the developer team about your requested option so they can check if it's possible to be added in future.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anthony Cook

Hope you are fine, unfortunately, this option to copy one cell is not available now and you need to do that by using a formula such as ( Vlookup Or Index with Match ), you can submit Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests to inform the developer team about your requested option so they can check if it's possible to be added in future.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"