COUNTIFS

Options

Hi @Paul Newcome !

I hope you're doing well. I need help with a COUNTIFS Formula. I am trying to plug multiple criteria in an COUNTIFS statement but I'm just getting the value "0" and not the right value. The formula that I am using is:

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, "Requested", Status:Status, "Demoed", [Automation Category]:[Automation Category], "Data Processing", [Automation Category]:[Automation Category], "Data Visualization", [Automation Category]:[Automation Category], "Robotics", [Automation Category]:[Automation Category], "Workflow")

Would you please be able to help me with this. I have seen many discussions and your responses are always accurate.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like you want to count if status is "requested" OR "demoed" and the same for the different options within the [Automation Category] range. If that is the case, try this...

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, OR(@cell = "Requested", @cell = "Demoed"), [Automation Category]:[Automation Category], OR(@cell = "Data Processing", @cell = "Data Visualization", @cell = "Robotics", @cell = "Workflow"))

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!