Can users filter data from a report?

Options

I have a public report and our end users need to be able to do searches (CTRL + F) and filter data (depending on their specific needs). Can they filter information for the published report?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ivonne Mejia

Anyone viewing the Report (either through a published link or from being shared to it) can search for data using CTRL + F.

However only the report Owner or Admin can create filters on a Report since this would be updating the Report Builder criteria. Please see the Help Center article on Sharing Permissions at the bottom, here: Sharing Permission Levels

As an alternative, you could set up multiple reports with different possible filters, then provide these different URLs to your end users instead.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ivonne Mejia

Anyone viewing the Report (either through a published link or from being shared to it) can search for data using CTRL + F.

However only the report Owner or Admin can create filters on a Report since this would be updating the Report Builder criteria. Please see the Help Center article on Sharing Permissions at the bottom, here: Sharing Permission Levels

As an alternative, you could set up multiple reports with different possible filters, then provide these different URLs to your end users instead.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• DeAnna Marie Dick
    Options

Is this something that Smartsheet is looking to do from an enhancement standpoint? Our team would really need the ability to filter, similar to Google sheets or excel to manage the amount of information that is assigned to then on a daily basis. Something similar to when a use filters within a sheet but does not have the ability to save the filter view.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @DeAnna Marie Dick

I hope you're well and safe!

A solution that could be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

Is that an option?

More info: 

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!