Metrics for Dashboard with Charts for Current User

Options

Is there are way to identify if the contact listed in a cell is CURRENTUSER()?

I would like to create a sheet with multiple metrics so that the charts displayed on the dashboard based on these so data for the logged in user. I understand that for reports filter can be used but unfortunately reports are not supported to be the source when creating sheet with metrics/formulas.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @SK

There currently isn't a function either for formulas or for chart widgets to be able to recognize the "current user" as you've outlined above. Please let our Product Team know of your feedback through this form, here!

A Report is the best way to display current user data. The Product Team is working on dashboard widgets being able to use the new Report grouping and summary features, however I don't have an ETA for when this will be released or what this specific functionality will be. I would recommend subscribing to our Release Notes page, here, to make sure you're notified when there are any updates!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• skarkhoff
    skarkhoff ✭✭✭
    Options

I've submitted a similar enhancement request. Would love to see this capability! I currently am in the process of creating separate dashboards for different regions because I want to be able to show metrics by the regional manager.

95766 ✭✭✭
    Options

There is a workaround for this. However, it's quite the layering process..... First you must create a metric sheet. In the metric sheet, you will list out all of the potential contacts. Write out the formula in which you are attempting to capture associated to the contact. You will then create a report against the metric sheet. The filter criteria must state, "Show me the information if the "contact" "Has any of" "Current User". Once you've created the current user report, you can use that for your chart/graph on the dashboard. Make sure that you modify the viewer mode to "Their own perspective"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!