Percentage and count on bar charts

I'm charting data with two types of widgets across several buckets.

How do I:

1) keep the data labels from overwriting each other?

2) show percentages of each (has vs not has)

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Tony Rice 

Hope you are fine, unfortunately, when you use a stacked ( horizontal or vertical ) bar chart you will face this problem, to avoid that try to change the type of chart you use.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Tony Rice 

Hope you are fine, unfortunately, when you use a stacked ( horizontal or vertical ) bar chart you will face this problem, to avoid that try to change the type of chart you use.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• I wonder if there are any plans to address this. It's a pretty basic bit of functionality.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Tony Rice

@Bassam.M Khalil is correct, with this type of chart you will be unable to change the Values to be Percent. I would suggest creating either a Pie Chart or a Donut Chart to replicate each of your stacked bars, as these types of charts allow you to show percentage from your data (see: Compare Live Data with a Chart).

If you want to stay with the stacked bar chart, one way to prevent data labels from overlapping is to stretch out the size of your chart so there is enough space on your dashboard for them to display. Here are two examples of the exact same chart:

Please also let our Product Team know of your feedback through this form, here!

Cheers,

Genevieve