Sort horizontal axis by month

Sarah Cobb
Sarah Cobb ✭✭✭
edited 02/22/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to show "users received" through points in a graph by month. Attached is how the data is appearing off of the "Sheet Summary Report".

The data in the Sheet summary report is pulled from "Sheet Summaries" on corresponding sheets.

I cannot seem to arrange the graph so January appears first! Please advise.

Thank you!

ooop. I tried to arrange alphabetically, assuming numbers would be first but NO GOOD.

Answers

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

you need a column in your source sheet that represents the month Number, if you're doing across years I'd also add a year column. Then sort your sheet as needed and the graph will display correctly.

• Sarah Cobb
    Sarah Cobb ✭✭✭
    edited 02/23/21

Isn't that solution essentially the same as alphabetizing and ordering like I did with a/b/c and 1/2/3?

This solution seems like a TON of extra work. I have the data sorted by row. (See second illustration)

The first illustration are a number of sheets I made to try and get the same data onto a graph as described above.

I can't seem to wrap my head around your suggestion. Do you have an example? (March is locked-this sheet is not live)

Thank you!!

Sarah

• Sarah Cobb
    Sarah Cobb ✭✭✭

...actually, I think I hear ya. Let me tinker a bit and I'll get back to you.