How do you remove a row from a report?

For some reason a report is bring in rows I did not select. I went back to the sheets and could find anything, so I deleted the content on those cells but the rows are still showing up on the report. How can I remove the blank rows of my report?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Silvana Luna

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd either need to delete the specific rows in the sheet(s) or update the Report Builder not to include them.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

How long did you wait after saving the sheet?

I don’t know how the data is consolidated for the report, but I have noticed a delay is changes from the sheet getting propagated to the report.

Otherwise, have you made sure all filters are removed? And are you pulling from more than one sheet?

• Silvana Luna
    Silvana Luna ✭✭
    edited 02/25/21

@Andrée Starå Thank you. I did not use Report Builder to build this report. This report was built using multiple sheets. I looked at the cell history of the report and identified the sheet with the issue. I went back to the sheet that had the issue, deleted the row and updated the report, but that row was still showing on my report. I don't have a way to remove that row from my report. Any other ideas?

• @James Keuning @Andrée Starå Thank you. I hit the refresh button several times. This report was built using multiple sheets. I looked at the cell history of the report and identified the sheet with the issue. I went back to the sheet that had the issue, deleted the row and updated the report, but that row was still showing on my report. I don't have a way to remove that row from my report. Any other ideas?