Formula

Having difficulty with a formula setting task state (Not Started, In Progress, Complete, On Hold) depending upon how the columns on either side are set - Status/RYGB and % Complete.

=IF(AND(Status@row=“B”, [% Complete]@row =1),"Complete”,IF(AND(Status@row= "G”,[% Complete]@row=0), "Not Started”, IF(AND(Status(G,Y,R)@row= “G”, “Y”, “R”, [% Complete]@row < 0),”In Progress",IF(AND([On Hold]@row = 1), "On Hold”)))

Thanks

Tags:

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/25/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Melitta

Hope you are fine, as i understand that you use for status column BGYR symbols column type if so then try the following formula.

=IF(AND(Status@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1), "Complete", IF(AND(Status@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0), "Not Started", IF(AND(OR(Status@row = "Green", Status@row = "Yellow", Status@row = "Red"), [% Complete]@row > 0), "In Progress", "On Hold")))

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Melitta
    Melitta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bassam.M Khalil

Thank you that is very helpful, and gets me a closer to the final solution. It also makes me realize that I left out a piece.

There is another column: On Hold. It's a checkbox. If it's checked, I want the Task State to be "On Hold". Unchecked and it should follow the rest of the formula.

How do I combine them?

=IF([On Hold]@row = 1, "On Hold")

=IF(AND(Status@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1), "Complete", IF(AND(Status@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0), "Not Started", IF(AND(OR(Status@row = "Green", Status@row = "Yellow", Status@row = "Red"), [% Complete]@row > 0), "In Progress")))

Thanks,

Melitta

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/25/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Melitta

Hope you are fine, as i understand that you use for status column BGYR symbols column type if so then try the following formula.

=IF(AND(Status@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1), "Complete", IF(AND(Status@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0), "Not Started", IF(AND(OR(Status@row = "Green", Status@row = "Yellow", Status@row = "Red"), [% Complete]@row > 0), "In Progress", "On Hold")))

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Melitta
    Melitta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bassam.M Khalil

Thank you that is very helpful, and gets me a closer to the final solution. It also makes me realize that I left out a piece.

There is another column: On Hold. It's a checkbox. If it's checked, I want the Task State to be "On Hold". Unchecked and it should follow the rest of the formula.

How do I combine them?

=IF([On Hold]@row = 1, "On Hold")

=IF(AND(Status@row = "Blue", [% Complete]@row = 1), "Complete", IF(AND(Status@row = "Green", [% Complete]@row = 0), "Not Started", IF(AND(OR(Status@row = "Green", Status@row = "Yellow", Status@row = "Red"), [% Complete]@row > 0), "In Progress")))

Thanks,

Melitta

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melitta

You are welcome and am happy you find it helpful, Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!