Linking rows in reports/linking emails to sheet

Is there a way to link rows in your reports with other reports so I am not adding the same information on multiple reports?

The way our sheet is set up is many columns with information gathered from various forms we created. I have a report set up for each form so I can access the information for the form quickly without searching through all the columns on the sheet. Unfortunately, the forms sometimes deal with the same information, or same file, and I would like to know if I can link the information to the other report so I don't have to enter the same info 2 times (like into a comment or adding an attachment)

My second part of the question is how to link emails to a row in my sheet/report.

Thank you,

Amy

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/27/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Blevins 

Hope you are fine, Unfortunately, you can't link rows in your reports with other reports but as i understood from what you are doing you can solve this issue with a different approach by using the summary sheet to collect the data from all your intake sheet then you can design your reports using the summary sheet without any duplicated inputs.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Blevins

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Question 1.

We could probably structure the sheet with so-called helper columns to indicate any duplicates, not to include them in the report(s)

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Question 2.

There are email integrations that let you save emails to a sheet or row in Smartsheet.

More info.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/27/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Blevins 

Hope you are fine, Unfortunately, you can't link rows in your reports with other reports but as i understood from what you are doing you can solve this issue with a different approach by using the summary sheet to collect the data from all your intake sheet then you can design your reports using the summary sheet without any duplicated inputs.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Blevins

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Bassam's excellent advice/answer.

Question 1.

We could probably structure the sheet with so-called helper columns to indicate any duplicates, not to include them in the report(s)

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Question 2.

There are email integrations that let you save emails to a sheet or row in Smartsheet.

More info.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!