Individual Assigned Sheet Feeding to the Assignment Origin Master Sheet

I hope all is well.

I was trying to solve a problem and I'm hoping anyone can help me out.

Situation:

I cannot create a grid sheet that flows information/actions bidirectional into the main origin sheets.

Background:

1. I have 3 main master sheets.

2. Each master sheet is maintained by 1 manager.

3. These 3 managers assign projects/tasks to a staff (it can be the same staff).

4. This staff should be able to see in 1 grid all projects/tasks that is assigned to him/her and able to fill in all required information in the columns.

5. This staff should also add rows and sub task.

6. When the staff does this, this information on his/her sheet should then feed in to the Master sheet wherever the assignment come from.

I've tried report solution but it is not bidirectional, the main sheet doesn't update and the staff cannot add rows or subtasks.

Thank you so much!

Darvin

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Darvin Antonio 

Hope you are fine, could you call me in my Email to send an exported Excel copy of your 3 master sheets and send a sample scenario of how you want the workflow to be and i will try to help you.

My Email: bassam.k@mobilproject.it

Best Regards

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Darvin Antonio 

Hope you are fine, could you call me in my Email to send an exported Excel copy of your 3 master sheets and send a sample scenario of how you want the workflow to be and i will try to help you.

My Email: bassam.k@mobilproject.it

Best Regards

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Darvin Antonio

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways to solve this.

1 - A solution that would be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View.

More info: 

2 - WorkApps could also be a perfect solution, but it depends on your license if you have access to it. What license do you have for Smartsheet?

3 - We could also structure a solution with cross-sheet formulas and/or copy/move row automation.

4 - I recently developed a client solution, where we had one master sheet that the Account Managers only should have access to specific columns and also be able to add information in specific columns. Still, they should also only see the records that they were the assigned AM on. I developed something similar to Dynamic View, but what I call a Dynamic View light.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would any of those options work/help?

Let me know if you have any questions about the solutions or if you need more information.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Bassam,

Thank you for offering to help. I will communicate on your email!

Appreciate it so much!

Darvin

• Hi Andree,

Thank you for your response.

I’ve tried #3 but didn’t work as the grid is only unidirectional.

I’m interested on your #4 option but my concern is we have 3 Master Sheet owned by 3 different people. But i’m hoping it could work. I need more detailed info on how this could be done if possible. Otherwise, I’ll venture on some interim solutions.

Thank you again!

Darvin

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok @Darvin Antonio

am waiting for your Email.

PMP Certified