Autofill cells

Options
Kashmala Zaman
Kashmala Zaman ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/26/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I hope i explain my question clearly.

i am trying to setup a formula so that "Urlati USD" gets filled with the "value USD" once i enter the date in "Urlati received".

i was somehow able to do that for "DC USD" it gets filled when i enter the net kgs for "DC Net Kgs" but unable to do the same for "Urlati USD" .

[these are different locations of inventory, i want to link auto filling of these cells with the dates such as 'Actual date in DC' for 'DC USD' and 'Urlati received' for 'Urlati USD']

any help or correction is highly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer

• Kashmala Zaman
    Kashmala Zaman ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for leading me to this. I think I have figured it out.

i put "=IF([Net KGs]@row > 0, [Value USD]@row, 0) - [Urlati USD]@row" in DC USD

and "=IF([Urlati Net KGs]@row > 0, [Value USD]@row, 0)" in Urlati USD and it is working.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Kashmala Zaman

Try this

This formula will go into your Urlati USD column

=IF(ISDATE([Urlati Received]@row), [Value USD]@row)

cheers

• Kashmala Zaman
    Kashmala Zaman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi@KDM

Thanks for your comment.

i applied this formula but not sure what am i doing wrong this time. its now showing "DC USD" as #blocked.😓

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh. I didn't notice your DC USD formula was already referencing [Urlati USD]. You may need to re-evaluate the DC USD formula if Urlati USD is going to equal Value USD.

Perhaps I misunderstood- perhaps you were trying to capture the date instead of the value?

• Kashmala Zaman
    Kashmala Zaman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes i referenced [Urlati USD] in DC USD formula in a way that if Uralti USD is filled DC USD should become zero so its subtracting the value from Urlati USD.

Is there any other way i can do this ?

i am not really good at formulas so was just trying to make things work.

The logic here is that once i fill the date Urlati received date the stock moves into Urlati USD column from DC USD Column.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The opportunity is in one instance you want to subtract Uralti USD from DC USD, and in another column you say Uralti USD equals another value referenced in the DC USD column. It seems you want to sometimes manually enter a value for Uralti USD, and sometimes you want it to be by formula. Is this true?

If you want the subtraction value to be zero, we could build a formula that says if <whatever needs to happen> then make this value zero. Then we could reference the USD value without creating a circular reference. But if you're using a formula in a column, you should not also be manually entering values in the same column.

• Kashmala Zaman
    Kashmala Zaman ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for leading me to this. I think I have figured it out.

i put "=IF([Net KGs]@row > 0, [Value USD]@row, 0) - [Urlati USD]@row" in DC USD

and "=IF([Urlati Net KGs]@row > 0, [Value USD]@row, 0)" in Urlati USD and it is working.