Report / Compile Data on Multiple Sheets and select different date ranges

ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 03/01/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Two separate sheets:

Employees: a sheet that contains a list of all employees

Data: a sheet that contains data for some employees by quarter and by fiscal year

The two sheets contain a common element: Contact name/employee email address

I would like to see all employees with or without data for each quarter for one or more fiscal years.

I added columns to the Employees sheet and use formulas to get the info from the Data sheet.

Works ok, but the Fiscal Year/Quarters are in column formulas without a method to easily select a different timeframe.

How might I set this up for someone to select different timeframes in a report or dashboard or???

TIA!

Tags:

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello!

It sounds like you may be able to use a report, but I'm not sure. It might be helpful for you to provide a screenshot with any sensitive information blocked out, so that we can see what you're working with.

Best,

Heather

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherD - thank you for response.

I do have a report but I need to make it dynamic/user choice. It is not possible to provide the data.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thought: I could add double the number of columns and show Prior and Current data. I added two fields to the summary for the Prior/Current years which the formulas can draw from. Someone will have to manually change those. Not as elegant as I would like but I guess it's an option. Is there a way to changes those dates using a dashboard or something in a report?