is there a way to create a useable contact list?

Has anyone found a work around for creating a re-useable contact list?

Example: I have 180 people in my department and want to be able to have all of them in a contact list drop down that I can use over and over again. There is currently no way to copy a contact list from one field to another, or to select multiple names from your contact list and create a large contact list in a couple of strokes (EX: when adding names to a contact list in a sheet, highlight multiple contacts at one time and have them pulled into the dropdown at once instead of having to add them one by one every single time.)

Has anyone discovered a work around to create a contact list that can be reused? This is one of the biggest bugs in Smartsheet in my opinion and seriously hampers functionality. I've submitted enhancement requests and no action to date. Thanks,

Tanya

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tanya Brooks

Hope you are fine, am fully agree with you but you can play around to solve this problem by saving any sheet that contains your contact list as new then you delete the unnecessary columns and keep the contact list column then add new columns as you wish.

also share me to submit Smartsheet Product Enhancement Requests to draw the attention of smartsheet developer to add this feature in the system

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"