Open Report Calendar View with Current Month

I can open a report in calendar view, but it opens on the first date in the report, and I want the ability to go forward or backward through the calendar. Is it possible to open and show the current month by default?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @rholder4tm

A Report will automatically open to today's date or month in the Calendar View if you have a task associated with today's date. I would suggest adding in a helper task to one of your sheets which always reflects today's date. This will make sure the Calendar opens to the right month!

To make sure the date is always today's date, you can use a formula to populate "today", like so:

=TODAY()

You would want to put this task/row on a sheet you will constantly be opening/saving so that it updates the date frequently. You can review a list of actions which will refresh the TODAY function and formula in this Help Article: TODAY Function

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @rholder4tm

A Report will automatically open to today's date or month in the Calendar View if you have a task associated with today's date. I would suggest adding in a helper task to one of your sheets which always reflects today's date. This will make sure the Calendar opens to the right month!

To make sure the date is always today's date, you can use a formula to populate "today", like so:

=TODAY()

You would want to put this task/row on a sheet you will constantly be opening/saving so that it updates the date frequently. You can review a list of actions which will refresh the TODAY function and formula in this Help Article: TODAY Function

Let me know if this will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve