How to change status of multiple rows?

I often need to change the status of multiple rows and would like to do this as a batch rather than one-at-a-time.

For example, I have selected a set of contiguous rows and want to mark all of them in column as Checked, or want to assign them all to the same person in the Assigned-To column.

Is this possible?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mlondon

I hope you're well and safe!

It depends a little on what you want to do.

• If you select multiple checkboxes, you can check and uncheck them all together.
    • I usually use a filter to get the selection I need, sometimes combined with a so-called helper column, then I change it manually or by using find and replace.
    • Another way to do it would be to have a linked field so, for example, you could have a master contact field, the Project Manager for the project, and then that would be linked to all rows where the Project Manager is responsible.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mlondon
    mlondon ✭✭✭

Hi Andrée,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Selecting multiple rows, then selecting one checkbox does check the others. That is helpful.

However, I'm still looking for a simple way to assign multiple rows to a single user. I dont see how Find&Replace could help as there is nothing to Find!

Any other suggestions?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mlondon

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Regarding the second part.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.