UPDATE REQUIREMENT WITH A SPECIFIC FORM

Hi,

I made some linked sheets (1st sheet = dispatch sheet; others 1 sheets = 1 workflow). Then we can open a ticket (requirement) in sheet 1 and follow the ticket trough each workflow (department)

• sheet 1 : we open a ticket with COMPANY NAME/CONTACT/DEPARTMENT WHICH LEAD THE ACTION (Ex: AFTERSALES). It gives a ticket number and transfer the line to the right department.

• sheet 2 : AFTER SALES DEPT Sheet: the line is transfer automatically from Sheet 1 to 2 for treatment. When line is added, SAV team receive 'update requirement' to specify WHO will handle the request/LEADTIME/OTHER AFTER SALES INFORMATION. Then the ticket is handle as a step by step project into after sales dept.

If after sales needs support from other department he can select the department in a dropdownlist cell and the line is copy to the support department workflow (ex technical)

• Sheet 3: TECHNICAL DEPT Sheet: Line is copied and they received 'automatic update requirement' to take this requirement in their duties.

My QUESTION:

On sheet 3, I don't need to copy all information from sheet 2. How can I manage to copy only selected columns? I can not manage it with formula like VLOOKUP as the source can come from many sheet.

Thank for your help.

Best regards.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jerome Szurubura

I hope you're well and safe!

You could copy the row to a so-called helper sheet that in turn would be connected to another helper sheet with only the columns needed using VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH and then copy/move the row to Sheet 3: Technical Dept.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.