Can non-Smartsheet account holders receive alerts/requests in Microsoft Teams?

I have setup a workflow with an automation to send an alert to a Microsoft Teams channel. Those who are receiving the alert are not Smartsheet account holders. Do they have to have an account in order to receive the alert and/or approval or other requests? If so, it defeats the purpose of us trying to use Teams. If not, how do they authenticate the Smartsheet Bot in Teams if they don't have a Smartsheet account to log into when they try to approve/authenticate the bot? Thank you!!!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @April Barry

In order to authenticate the Smartsheet Bot in Teams (and then to receive alerts and other workflows as direct messages), you're right, the user will need to have some sort of Smartsheet account to connect with the Bot.

This can be a free trial account or a free collaborator account (see here), but the Bot requires authentication with Smartsheet in order to send them notifications:

The Allow Access button will take them to Smartsheet to finalize the integration. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @April Barry

In order to authenticate the Smartsheet Bot in Teams (and then to receive alerts and other workflows as direct messages), you're right, the user will need to have some sort of Smartsheet account to connect with the Bot.

This can be a free trial account or a free collaborator account (see here), but the Bot requires authentication with Smartsheet in order to send them notifications:

The Allow Access button will take them to Smartsheet to finalize the integration. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now