Display current month's data on dashboard

I have developed a metric sheet and would like only the current month's data to show on a dashboard chart without having to manually select it each month. I have seen several posts about this but can't make it work for me. Below is my sheet info. How would I get March to display currently?

Col 1   Col 2   Col 3   Col 4   Col 5   Col 6   Col 7   Col 8   Col 9

January                      1         1                     2                                  3         

Feb                  43       65       23       28        7          3          40        4

March             1         5         29       34        3          5          7         4

April                                                                                                   

May                                                                                                    

June                                                                                                   

July                                                                                                     

August                                                                                               

September                                                                                                     

October                                                                                                          

November                                                                                                      

December      

Thanks!                                              

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need another row (I suggest making it a parent of all of the base metrics), and then you would use a formula in each column such as

=INDEX(CHILDREN(), MONTH(TODAY()))

Basically we use the INDEX function to pull from the child rows and then we use the current month to specify which row from the children rows we pull from. Drag this across the rest of the columns in the parent row, and you should have your current month metrics which can now be referenced on your dashboard.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!