Trackers feeding other trackers?

Hello,

What is the best way to "push" rows of data from multiple trackers into one tracker?

Suppose user 1 and user 2 and a Manager use their own trackers. The trackers follow the same template. User 1 and user 2 must report progress from their trackers into their Manager's tracker. They must report entire rows from their trackers.

I'm familiar with cell linking, but my concern with cell linking is the "real estate" on the manager's tracker. Namely, the number of rows user 1 or user 2 "push" must be flexible. One week user 1 may push 5 rows, an user 2 may push 20. That will change each week.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @rstefanis41586

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree, thanks for your rapid respond.

Let me see if I understand the idea:

The Manager's tracker would have a series of rows in their tracker with the index/match formula imbedded in them.

2 questions:

The index/match would look for a checkbox signal right? User 1 and user 2 check a box in their respective trackers, and the manager's tracker will detect the check and pull that row. Is that correct?

Would the index/match formulas have to look into both trackers at the same time?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!