Answers

• JLK
    JLK ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Paul! That worked!

• Jags0829
    Jags0829 ✭✭✭
    Options

I am using this formula or a versions close to it that I found in another thread, but I am looking to use the Month as a report grouping. Since it's now Text, it groups in alphabetical order.

What would be a recommendation for keeping month names but being able to have the grouping show in calendar order?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Jags0829

I would suggest adding the month number in front of the Month Name if you need to group them in a Report:

=IF(MONTH([Date Column]@row) = 1, "01 January"... and so on.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Shwetaic
    Options

Hello i'am still getting error after replacing the semi colan with comma.. can someone please help.

=IF(MONTH ([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 1, "January", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 2, "February", IF([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 3, "March", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 4, "April", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 5, "May", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 6,"June", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 7; "July", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 8; "August", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 9, "September", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 10, "October", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 11, "November", IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 12, "December"))))))))))))

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Shwetaic

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 1, "January", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 2, "February", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 3, "March", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 4, "April", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 5, "May", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 6,"June", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 7, "July", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 8, "August", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 9, "September", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 10, "October", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 11, "November", 

IF(MONTH([Last day of employment (HR)]@row) = 12, "December")

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Shwetaic
    Options

@Andrée Starå Thank you the formula worked..

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Shwetaic

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• GMichal
    GMichal ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am getting an #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error when I changed out the semicolons for commas and I've been staring at it all day looking for the error. Any ideas?

=IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 1, "January", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 2, "February", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 3, "March", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 4, "April", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 5, "May", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 6, "June", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 7, "July", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 8, "August", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row = 9, "September", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 10, "October", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 11, "November", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 12, "December")))))))))))))

Maybe a fresh set of eyes can see my mistake...

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @GMichal

Oh you're SO close! There's just one missed closing parentheses to complete a MONTH function for September:

IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row = 9, "September", ...

should be

IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row = 9), "September", ...

Then you'll need to remove one at the end as well. Try this:

=IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 1, "January", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 2, "February", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 3, "March", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 4, "April", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 5, "May", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 6, "June", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 7, "July", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 8, "August", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row = 9), "September", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 10, "October", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 11, "November", IF(MONTH([Intake Date]@row) = 12, "December")))))))))))

Cheers,

Genevieve

• GMichal
    GMichal ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, I sure missed it. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!