Is there a way to display a gantt chart in a Work App?

Hi there,

I'm adding a page to my work app that displays a sheet. I can't seem to find a way to get the gantt within the sheet to display. Is this not available?

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    edited 03/29/21

Hello @Zach Baldry

At this time, adding a Smartsheet Content (Sheet, Report, etc) as a Page in Gantt View in your Workapp is currently not supported. When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know about your feedback.

In order to achieve what you are trying to accomplish, as an alternate solution - you will have to publish the sheet and add this as a "Web Content" using the Embed link that was generated when you published the sheet. I've provided screenshots below for additional reference on what this would look like.

I selected "Edit By Anyone" in case you need to have users be able to edit the sheet but its up to you on which one - regardless, it will generate an embed link that you will use for the "Web Content"

It also works when you want to use a Report - however a published report can only be "Read-Only" and editing is not available. The same process as above. You will have to publish the report and use the embedded link to be added as "Web Content."

I've provided links below from our Help Center for additional guideline on this topic.

Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard.

Embed Custom Content in Dashboards and WorkApps.​​​​​​​

Create and Edit a WorkApp.

WorkApps Overview.

Cheers,

Krissia

• Zach Baldry
    Zach Baldry ✭✭
    edited 03/26/21

@Krissia

I may be misunderstanding, but I am able to add a sheet to work app (see screenshot below). What I can't figure out is how to get the gantt to display.

Your screen shots aren't displaying so I cant reference what you're trying to convey.

Thanks for the help.

• Hi @Zach Baldry

I've updated the images from the comment above to be in a different format; please let me know if you can now see them.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• What do I do if I cannot add my WorkApp as web content? Upon pasting the link I get the following error:

Is adding this functionality for Smartsheet reports to be visible in Gantt View in WorkApps in progress?

Thanks!

• Hi @Sandra Wlasiewicz

Would you be able to explain what it is you're looking to do in more detail?

Currently you cannot add a Workapp as a Page into another Workapp. You would need to add either a published Smartsheet sheet or another web content URL, as listed in this Help Article: Embed custom content in dashboards and WorkApps

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P.

I want to display my Smartsheet report in WorkApps in Gantt view. The same way that it is now allowed for Sheets to be displayed in Gantt. The workaround in this thread does not work for me. Are you planning to launch this functionality anytime soon? Thanks!

• Hi @Sandra Wlasiewicz

It looks like instead of publishing the Report, you may be trying to use a Workapp link. If you're on a Business or Enterprise plan you can use the Publish feature to create a different type of link to your document. Here's more information: Share or Publish Your Report

This is the URL you would then use as a Web content page in the Workapp, does that make sense? Note that it would be Read-Only.

Please submit your request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Additionally, you may want to subscribe to the Release Notes page to receive updates on new features.

Thanks!

Genevieve