Zooming in/out of a plan within Microsoft Teams

I've added a plan as a "tab" in Microsoft Teams. Looks great on my desktop, but not so great for laptop users at the default scale. However, the zoom in /zoom out icons don't do anything. I've tried using the Teams native app, and via Teams Web (Chrome and Edge).

Any ideas? I really need to be able to zoom out a couple of clicks to make the plan usable on a laptop via the Teams interface.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rob W & @Sheryl Sheldon

There is currently a known issue where the zoom in and out icons to display different Gantt views don't adjust the timeline in Published sheets. Our Product Team is aware of this and they are working on a fix, however I don't have an ETA on when this may be resolved.

In the meantime, you can still right-click on the Gantt timeline and use the zoom options from the drop-down menu instead:

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Sheryl Sheldon
    Sheryl Sheldon ✭✭✭✭

@Rob W I do not have the answer, but interested in the answer! So following the thread.

Thank you, Sheryl

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rob W & @Sheryl Sheldon

There is currently a known issue where the zoom in and out icons to display different Gantt views don't adjust the timeline in Published sheets. Our Product Team is aware of this and they are working on a fix, however I don't have an ETA on when this may be resolved.

In the meantime, you can still right-click on the Gantt timeline and use the zoom options from the drop-down menu instead:

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Rob W
    Rob W ✭✭

Thanks for this - and I can confirm it works (the right click must be in the timeline date/header). It might be an idea to ask for the zoom icons to be hidden until they're fixed. I don't like telling people they don't work . . . . I'm trying to "sell" SmartSheet as the planning solution we need here!

Ideally (if they are working on the zoom) - it would be great to have a few more gradients in the zoom as well - currently one "zoom out" takes you waaaaaaaay out to viewing almost 2 years.

Thanks for the advice and help 🙂

• Sheryl Sheldon
    Sheryl Sheldon ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the information! This is very helpful!

• I'm having problems zooming in and out on a spreadsheet. There is no Gantt view available for the worksheet. How can I zoom it, please?