A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests

2»

Comments

• Hi Sandy—

I would not assume that we aren't interested in building functionality into Smartsheet because we've been able to develop auxiliary third-party integration to supplement features.

We're always interested in developing Smartsheet but what we develop and how starts with you. You're welcome to submit your feature requests using the form (on the right of the community site under Quick links), even if we have a third-party integration that can technically do what you need.

• Shaine: 

Thank you for your feedback. This is good news. I will use the request form. Great idea!

Sandy

• Z.Win
    Z.Win ✭✭✭✭

While i can sympathize with the issues involved in publishing the feature requests, i feel it would go a long way for the user community to be able to see what has been requested.

I might have an issue, but when i try and see if anyone else has had the issue, i might not see anything, because i'm not using the correct or same terminology.

A single place where we could look at feature request and vote would give Smartsheet a more accurate representation of how many people would find the feature useful.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amen to that!

I've been waiting to have the row deletion problem fixed since I started.  Still beating that drum as loud as I can.

Though, at least with the sorting by post popularity in the forum it is possible to see that 90% of the top10 forum pains are still open for 2+ years.  That is some added accountability, even if it doesn't make it visible like the old road-map was.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand the standpoint of the SS development and marketing teams.  And it's a fair assertion.  But the method being proposed here, which used to be the way of things in SS, is still in use at other companies who continuously develop software.

If you look at the PowerBI community there is a place for tracking public ideas with votes.  https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas.  I can't say that Microsoft is necessarily the most responsive company to user inputs - but the users do have a chance to see if there are already ideas in the the pipeline - and to have a 'general idea' of whether or not their votes are among a crowd or just a straggler.

It could at least serve as a nice way for the users to do the initial idea aggregation, making the collation/evaluation easier for SS when they review the ideas.  (and hopefully let the moderators focus on the forum and not on product votes).yes

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i second the motion... yes

• With some of the suggestions and requests for changes or improvements dating back several years, taking the input private then mitigates the risk of Smartsheet appearing uncaring or unresponsive. It is a wise strategy if there is not really an intent to act on a chorus of customer input and response or be transparent if they are not. All hands are probably focused on the IPO anyway.

FYI: The link in "By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy" direct here https://www.mollom.com/web-service-privacy-policy where the End-of-Life Announcement states, "The Mollom content moderation service is no longer available. Acquia support and maintenance for Mollom ended as of 2 April 2018."

• Mike
    Mike ✭✭

Any chance we could see everything that we submitted 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, Smartsheets has opted not to reveal this information. They used to have a page that showed the planned developments, but I think it kept them from being agile and being able to switch directions based on current trends and business needs. They've decided to keep their work in progress more under the radar.

• I am new to the community, but have read several items I would like to see move forward. Please tell me how I can 'vote'. I only see the form to make a new request - since duplicates are highly discouraged, I want to find the issue and vote on it. Please help.

• Hi,

The best way to provide feedback directly to our Product team is through that form. Submissions through that form are aggregated and our Product team prioritizes from there.

• In addition to Send a Update Request. Can we send a meeting invite.