How do I stop Smartsheet from auto-filling dates?

I have a Smartsheet where there is a Date Received column and a Due Date column. Neither one of these columns contains a formula.

When I enter a new row, as soon as I enter the Date Received, Smartsheet is auto-filling the Due Date column to match the Date Received. 99% of the time this is incorrect.

The intention is that both of these columns should be manually entered. Is there a way I can make Smartsheet stop auto-filling the Due Date column?

If it's relevant, there are other columns that have formulas where the output of the formula is based on the dates entered into these two fields. These formulas analyze the number of business days between our received date and our due date.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There doesn't need to be a formula for the dependencies to auto-fill the date. The only way to get it to NOT fill in the date automatically would be to turn off the dependencies.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers