Is it possible to create a Smartsheet that spits out an image and data after receiving information?

Options

Is it possible to create a Smartsheet that spits out an image and data after receiving information? 

I would like to create a Smartsheet that allows someone to enter in a product name and also a URL (two separate items). All entries for product name would be inputted into "column a" and all URL entries would be inputted into "column b." Once these two items (product name and URL) have been submitted through the spreadsheet, the image (which would be pre-populated on the back end) in "column c" and the ID Code in "column d" would be the output. So after they enter the product name and URL they will receive an image and ID code.

So the first entry would be on line one (1) …For example: A1 - Windex (product name), B1 - www.windex.com (URL) and once this data has been entered, the form would display, C1 - Image of Windex, D1 - 3D5g4E (ID Code for windex)

The next entry (which would be a different product) would then go to line two (2) of the spreadsheet …and so fourth.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Loveita Phillip

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. I made a sample of what it would look like in excel. So the Smartsheet Form would ask the use to input a product name (any product name) and a URL (any URL), once they submit that information - I would like for it to go into the first to columns, beginning on line two. After these two pieces of information is entered, the user would receive the image in column C (QR Code Image), the ID Code in column D and the Password in column E.

Column C, D and E will be pre-populated on the back end of Smartsheet. Every form entry to follow would go to the next available line. So after line two, the next entry would go to line three (3A and 3B) and the end user would receive the items in 2C,3D and 3E.

Does that make sense? Is this possible to accomplish in Smartsheet?

Thank you!

Loveita

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Loveita Phillip

Happy to help!

I recently developed something similar in some ways.

In short.

Each project has QR codes assigned to different phases in a factory.

The main structure is set up in Smartsheet and then my client copy/paste the information to a Google Sheet that creates the QR codes and more automatically.

Unfortunately, I don't know a way to get the QR code picture automatically to Smartsheet.

Would that help in any way?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!