Notifications

Does anyone know if you can set up a notification each day that says what tasks are scheduled to be happening on a certain project on that day?

I'm a construction manager and just need to know on a high level of where the job is meant to be at each day.

Cheers

Answers

• I think if you have the projects all in different sheets, you will only be able to set it up to receive an e-mail from each project.... (interested to see what the clever people say)

Also, not answering your question directly, but

...might be easier to have a 'Today' Report. should be able to find some pretty simple ways of getting that, like...

1 report, pulls in the common fields (start, Finish, description, status) from all your projects/sheets. Filter them by status IS NOT 'Complete'.

The report options can be tightened even to only show anything with a start date within the last 10 days, fair few different options.

You just have to make sure the fields amongst projects are commonly used/spelt, otherwise you will see Start, Start Date, Work Begins.... etc so a bit of standardisation across your sheets might be needed.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matt McKimm

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Cole's excellent advice/answer.

I agree with Cole's suggestion of a Today report, and you can configure it to send daily as a PDF/Excel automatically, and it would include the link to the live report as well.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.