Formula to Calculate % Complete

Options

Hi there,

I have created a task sheet and want to calculate the % of completed tasks. Below is a picture of part of my sheet (there are a lot more tasks below). When an item is either ticked Yes or No, the Date field is auto populated. Once the Date field is populated the Completed cell turns from Red to Green. I would like my % completed cell to calculate the percentage of green/red.

Thanks in advance

Hannah

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Hannah McHardy 

Hope you are fine, first you need to use symbol column type (RGY) for completed column and make it's format % .to be able to count the green and red. then the following formula will give you the percentage

=COUNTIFS(CHILDREN(), "Green") / COUNT(CHILDREN())

the following screenshot shows the result

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hannah McHardy
    Options

Thanks for answering Bassam.

I haven't previously made the Completed column a symbol because I wanted it to change from red to green based on the Date column being entered and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Which is why I have used conditional formatting to colour code.

Any further tips?

Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!