Blue bar is gone!!!

Options
CarolD
CarolD ✭✭
edited 04/16/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I need my blue bar back so I can quickly toggle between sheets, I am constantly between sheets, now all of a sudden its gone,....where is it, need it BACK ASAP!

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/16/21
    Options

Hi @CarolD

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Which blue bar?

Can you share a screenshot of where it should be?

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @CarolD

I agree with @Andrée Starå, it would be helpful to see a screen capture if possible (but please block out any sensitive data).

You may also want to try refreshing the page, or fully logging out of all instances of Smartsheet then logging in again. Has this helped?

We updated the design of the application yesterday so a few features have shifted to different locations. Please see this Community post for more details on the new experience!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• CarolD
    CarolD ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I cannot take a screen shot becuase you have removed the blue side bar on the left side of the screen, at least I cannot find it, that opened and closed, and could be docked, showing all my smart sheets by title. This allowed me to quickly toggle.

Is there a way to dock favorites?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @CarolD

Do you mean this bar on the left? This should still appear after the New Look was implemented, the icons may look a little different (the Left image is the Previous version, the Right is the Current):

The Folder Icon will show all the sheets and workspaces in your account. Your favourites will still be under the Star, and your Recently Opened will be under the clock icon.

See the article Access and Organize Your Work from the Left Navigation Bar for more information.

Are you seeing something different than the images above? If so, can you provide a screen capture and clarify if anything changed when you logged out and logged in again?

Thank you!

Genevieve

• CarolD
    CarolD ✭✭
    Options

I am looking for this, however, I want it docked on the left side

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @CarolD

No problem! That view is the "Recents" tab.

In Smartsheet's new look, just click on the clock icon on the left to bring this up again:

Once clicked, it will open up the side bar. Your pinned items will appear at the top:

If you don't see any sheets appearing here, first navigate to the folder icon to look through all of your Smartsheet items. As soon as you've opened at least one item, this will appear in your Recents tab, on the left.

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• CarolD
    CarolD ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, here is the problem it used to be docked on the side of an open smart sheet, now when you open up recent or favorites, its over the TOP of the smart sheet, even your screen shot shows it over the top vs. old way, docked on the left side with the smart sheet open.

So I want to dock the recents or favorites and have the smart sheet still open. This feature is now gone.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CarolD

Thank you for clarifying! Yes, you are correct. The Recents tab pops open when you click on the icon and you will need to click it again when you want to navigate between sheets. Please provide your feedback on this update to our Product Team by filling in this form, here.

Thank you,

Genevieve

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good Grief, Smartsheet!! It was bad enough when you did this on the User Admin Center (despite several requests from us to allow the menu to lock open), applying this same approach to all sheets is a HUGE step backward.

Are you designing this product for elementary school kids now? You've made our work much harder. Will be looking for alternatives to Smartsheet (and we are users since 2011).

• CarolD
    CarolD ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your comment Susan, I find it a HUGE step backward as well.