Including only NETWORKDAYS in Aging

Options

Looking for some help finding the aging for ticket resolution, in workdays. I can't seem to find a workable solution to add to my working formula below, which finds the count between either Today's date and the Created date OR Created and Closed dates.

Any tips? Thank you!

=IF(Closed@row = "", TODAY() - Created@row, Closed@row - Created@row)

Best Answer

• Cody Holmes
    Cody Holmes ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/21/21 Answer ✓
    Options

The NETWORKDAY() and NETWORKDAYS() functions are what you are looking for. The first will add one to the calculation if the start date (or today in your case) falls on a weekend. The second does not. I always find the second function to be more useful. I have implemented the NETWORKDAYS() into your formula. See below:

=IF(Closed@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, Closed@row))

If this resolves your question, accept my solution as an answer and give me a vote up! Let me know if that works or not.

Answers

• Cody Holmes
    Cody Holmes ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/21/21 Answer ✓
    Options

The NETWORKDAY() and NETWORKDAYS() functions are what you are looking for. The first will add one to the calculation if the start date (or today in your case) falls on a weekend. The second does not. I always find the second function to be more useful. I have implemented the NETWORKDAYS() into your formula. See below:

=IF(Closed@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS(Created@row, Closed@row))

If this resolves your question, accept my solution as an answer and give me a vote up! Let me know if that works or not.

• Cristina Parker
    Options

Thanks @Cody Holmes - I was able to copy/paste directly from your solution and finally no errors! What a relief. Looks like I had placed NETWORKDAYS into the wrong spots.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!