DocuSign -Can the DocuSign Integration Attach the Completed File without the Certificate of Summary?

Darren Mullen
Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/01/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I've been using the DocuSign integration with Smartsheet. It is working well, except I'm having the following issue with a well intentioned feature:

• When a signed Document is completed in DocuSign, it is attached to the correct row in Smartsheet (this is a great feature!). However, DocuSign attaches the completed document AND the certificate of completion as 1 file.
  • I can't find a way to have the integration only attach the completed document only or the document and summary as 2 files back into Smartsheet. Is this possible?

The reason why this is important, is that we send the completed file out to external companies. It's an extra step to have to take out the Certificate of Completion from the completed document.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Darren M

I believe this actually has to do with how you have your DocuSign account set up, versus Document Builder in Smartsheet.

Can you review your DocuSign account, under Admin -> Signing Settings -> Envelope Delivery, to see if you have this box checked?

When I check the option above, the certificates end up appended to the final documents. (See DocuSign's information on this in their documentation, here).

Let me know if un-checking this box worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Darren M

I believe this actually has to do with how you have your DocuSign account set up, versus Document Builder in Smartsheet.

Can you review your DocuSign account, under Admin -> Signing Settings -> Envelope Delivery, to see if you have this box checked?

When I check the option above, the certificates end up appended to the final documents. (See DocuSign's information on this in their documentation, here).

Let me know if un-checking this box worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi,

My completed Docusign's used to attach to the Smartsheet row once completed. But for some reason, they aren't attaching anymore once signed.

Can someone please assist me to get it to attach back to the row again once completed? Maybe I accidentally changed a setting and I didn't realize.

TIA

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Chananya

If your Docusign workflow has changed behaviour without any adjustments made, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support so you can share more details with them in a private channel (for example, a screen recording of your workflow and full set-up).

Cheers,

Genevieve