Master Projects Sheet

HI Smartsheet Community! We are as small communications, marketing firm using Smartsheet for our project management of client jobs/tasks. Our team has a master projects list that we use to manage all of the client jobs company wide. We use an intake form to get project details, content and direction for each client job. We also have individual sheets for each client, that allow us to drill down into more details for each client job. I am trying to set up an automation where each time a job is submitted to the master project list it automatically is moved to the individual client list. I already have set up an automation for each project that's entered to move over, but I'm finding that if the deadline date or attachments are updated in the master list, it doesn't update in the individual client sheet. Is a way to set up this formula? Thank you in advance for your help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Susanne, @susannebankhead

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to update the attachments with a formula, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

For the other part of keeping the sheets "connected," you can use cross-sheet formulas combined with VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH and a unique ID or similar that you add to the individual sheet(s) that would then be connected to the master so that you can get all the information you need from the master in the individual sheet(s), and it will be updated. (there are some things to think about around limitations)

With column formulas now available, we could probably automate it so you wouldn't even have to add the specific ID to the Individual sheet(s).

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.