Formula Needed- Return date from week number

Hi All,

I am in need of a formula that will return the date from a specific week number.

We work off a unique week number calendar. Because of this, I haven't been successful using the week number formula.

I hope to use 5.1.22 as week zero/launch date and have this date specified in my sheet summary. I also have a completed column that has my anticipated week number for each deliverable.

What I would like to do is return use these two factors to populate and return a date for my delivery date column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tags:

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ABice 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thank you for the help.

As mentioned, I have the anticipated week number to deliver and the announce date and hope with this info to be able to create a formula to populate the anticipated delivery date as opposed to manually entering each date.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ABice Norton

If I got you right, the anticipated Week Number is relative to the anticipated delviery date of the announce date, which is 05/01/22.

If you want to convert a weeknumber into a date, the basic formula is this one:

DATE(YEAR(TODAY()-1; 12, 30) + (Weelnumber -1)*7.

So in your case I would use this one:

=DATE(2022,01,05) + (([Anticipated Week # to Deliver]@row -1)* 7)

That should do it.

Hope it helped!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!