DOCUMENT BUILDER_INSERT PICTURE_OPEN OFFICE

Hi,

I tried to insert picture in pdf created with Open-office form. I use Doc Builder but the picture does not appear only text.

I try with other type field in Open office form. Same issue.

Do you have a solution for it?

Thank per advance for your support.

Jerome

Answers

• Hi @Jerome Szurubura

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have an image that is embedded in a cell (see here), which you are mapping to a field in Document Builder (see here), but the image does not appear in the PDF Document. Is that correct?

If so, can you check the field type of the fillable PDF that you have mapped to?

To add an image, you should be able to add an image to a cell and map it to an image field in the PDF.

Let me know if adjusting the field type has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P. - Bluebeam Revu (even extreme edition) doesn't seem to have the ability to create an "image field." Nor does any tool besides Adobe Acrobat DC (as far as I can tell).

Do you know of any free tools that can create these fields? Alternatively, can we get a change to document builder to allow inserting an image into a "text" field?

• Hi @Corey_VaagenTimbers

I have only personally used Adobe to create documents with Document builder and images, so I'm not aware of other program capabilities. Currently Smartsheet would need to map an image in a cell to an Image Field in a document, there isn't a way to insert an image into a Text field.

Please let the Product team know about your use-case and the tools you are using!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi @Genevieve P.,

Thank for your feedback, it seems that PDF forms created with Open suit does not allow to modify the image field then when I linked the cells, it is linked as text field and only transfer the name of the image in smarsheet builder document.

Best regards.