Locked cells

Hello,

Can we locked a cell, so we can allow only specific people to have the possibility to edit (such as approval workflow for instance) ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Judith Zannoni

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

There might be a workaround that could work for your use case.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå ,

Thanks for your quick reply ! I did submit an enhancement request.

What I tried to achieve is the following : I have +2'500 BS accounts to be reconciled and approved at month-end. Between preparers & Approvers, we have approx. 100 users involved in the process. I have only 1 sheet for that which regroup the following info : ending balance amount, preparer name & approver name by GL, company name, etc..

I have set-up workflow approvers (once account is stated as reconciled, then request is sent for approval), but it is not 100% bullet proof as approvers can approver accounts for which they are not responsible for, as this is a share file. I cannot locked the column either and make them approved only by notification, as sometime, approvers can get more than 100 Gl to approve (so they do copy-paste "approved" status in the relevant column).

Any help or idea to minimize the risk of having someone else approved in the wrong row will be appreciated !

Thanks

Judith